Finishing three days of Scala training today. I’ve been mostly writing Ruby for a few months now so it’s nice to have gotten the refresher on Scala topics. No language is perfect, but I have to say I’d take Scala every day over Java if given the choice. Readability is just on another level when compared to the more verbose languages.
In other news, it appears that Zimbabwe is currently undergoing a military coup. The army has captured Robert Mugabe and apparently is attempting to arrest members of the existing elite, including Mugabe’s ambitious wife. Worth keeping an eye on Zimbabwe; this could mean a new chapter in its history.
Anyway, here are the links:
- Firefox Quantum is released by Mozilla, closing the performance gap with Chrome.
- Another person on Medium doesn’t like open offices.
- F-35 contains 8m lines of source code with the last module at 98% completion.
- The Atlantic wants us to revisit Bill Clinton’s scandals.
- Earthquake kills in over 400 near Iran/Iraq border.
- Amazon is making a Lord of the Rings prequel series.