Something interesting I’ve started noticing is that Facebook ads are actually useful to me. I don’t know what Facebook’s approach is versus Google’s (this is probably worth finding out), but whatever the difference, it seems to be sending me content I’m interested in. I’ve found a number of clothing-related posts that I’ve bought into because they actually found items that fit my style. Likewise, last night I found out that one of my favorite beat artists, Flamingosis, will be in San Francisco tomorrow doing a DJ set with a couple other artists. Obviously, I’ll be there. Hopefully I’ll have some pictures good enough to put up a post sometime during the weekend.
5/4 – 5/5
- A longread covering the ever-expanding Chinese corporate-industrial diaspora in Africa and its increasingly frosty reception.
- An interactive take on whether Trump’s presidency is slowly becoming more “normal”.
- NASA announces a challenge to improve the performance of its computational fluid dynamics FORTRAN codebase.
- A quick overview of some of the most exciting features of the API testing tool, Postman.
- A breakdown of the failings of “privilege” politics as practiced by the modern Left in America.
- China’s first home-developed jetliner takes its maiden voyage in Shanghai.
- One team’s take on why we write tickets for our work.