I took the weekend off from reading this time around to instead put more time into a YouTube video I needed to finish. Time management is an art and I definitely need to continue working on coming up with a system to fit all of these projects in. I have an idea involving some integration between Google Sheets and Calendar, but it’s probably going to require dusting off the Android book I have on my bookshelf. The plus side is that it’ll make a good weekend project post.
In other news it looks like the world hasn’t ended yet although North Korea seems hell-bent on making that a reality. Apparently Bill Nye launched some self-aggrandizing Netflix series as well that I won’t be watching. That’s all I’ve got for now, so here are the links:
- A summary of some semi-recent features added to Postgres.
- China aims to continue to expand its auto manufacturing despite overcapacity issues with a plan to export the excess into emerging and mature markets.
- Congress passes a stop-gap measure to fund the federal government through the end of September, largely ignoring proposed cuts to government programs out-of-favor with Trump.
- A in-depth look at New York’s trouble in upgrading its decades-old subway infrastructure.
- A walk through for adding Facebook auth to a Django application.
- A quick lifestyle piece on a strategy for fitting books into your daily routine.
- Yet another hit-piece on Apple’s declining product quality, increasing price; the case builds for migrating away from Apple.