Heading into a busy two weeks. Later this week I’ll be attending a wedding and the week after that is Syndey’s birthday. Hopefully I’ll still get a chance to post, but if not it might be two weeks before I get another post out.
In other news, Las Vegas suffered a horrible attack last week leaving more dead than the Pulse nightclub shooting. I’ll leave it to the pundits to talk about policy, but I will say this: it’s unacceptable that at this point we can set our calendars by the most recent mass shooting in this country. Something has to change.
Anyway, here are the links:
- The OKCupid tech blog lays out their new A/B test for increasing the number of mutual matches.
- A guide to designing a “perfect” Elasticsearch cluster.
- A visual introduction to compression.
- Potential for natural evaporation as a reliable renewable energy resource.
- An attack in Las Vegas leaves over 50 dead and over 500 injured.
- Michael Pettis gives a talk about the state of the Chinese economy before the party congress.