Been on the road for basically two weeks straight for a variety of reasons, but I have some interesting articles worth sharing for today. Also worth noting is that today marks the 16th year since the 9/11 attacks. Probably no other event besides the collapse of the Berlin Wall has had such an impact on our world and I imagine we’ll be living with the consequences for a very long time. It’s worth taking a moment to reflect how much our lives have been impacted and how we can do better in the future.
Anyway, here are the links:
- A new blog post on GDP overstatement by prof Michael Pettis.
- A mysterious 15th Century manuscript is decoded as a women’s health guide.
- The Guardian explores how Britain’s aristocracy still thrive to this day.
- Java 9 will not receive long-term support.
- China moves to shut down Bitcoin exchanges.
- NYTimes article covering the current status of Irma and the damages to Florida.