Another dramatic week in global affairs. The US Navy 7th fleet suffered another accidental collision, which prompted questions of protocol and potential cyber sabotage of the vessels. Domestically, the US is recovering from a fatal clash of protestors in Virginia and bracing itself for more far-right demonstrations around the country. Locally, Sydney and I went out to see Allie X in concert. It was a small venue, but she gave a good performance and basically played all her best songs.
Anyway, here are the links:
- Understanding asymmetrical numeral systems in light of Google’s attempt to patent.
- A post on interviews containing links to helpful interview prep sites.
- Can North Korea hit the United States with a nuclear ICBM?
- Part 1 of 2 of the fall of Yugoslavia on YouTube.
- The US withholds aid money from Egypt in response to perceived human rights violations on the part of the Egyptian government.
- The US Navy relieves the commander of the US 7th fleet, based out of Yokosuka, after multiple collisions involving 7th fleet vessels.