Now that trips are over for a few weeks, I can settle back into a rhythm and get some work done. I owe you guys a couple other blog posts on my adventures around the city, so I’ll get to work on those this week as well. I finally took the plunge and made the order for the DSLR I’ve been eyeing; I think it’ll make filming vlogs and photographing outings more rewarding. I’ll get my first chance to try my hand at it this weekend when it arrives.
I don’t really have any other interesting life updates, so this time I’ll just skip straight to the links:
- A British-American highlights the rigidity of America’s class system.
- Shitposting in GitHub issues.
- Turkey’s Erdogan comes out in support of Qatar despite recent boycotts, citing the need to support Islamic neighbors.
- A thought piece on how to create an inclusive work culture: focus on the work, not the fun.
- An adorable infographic of the benefits of pure functional programming.
- The dangers of Jeremy Corbyn and his ideology.
- Humorous advice about naming conventions for your projects.
- A detailed breakdown of the some of Rust’s safety benefits without sacrificing performance.