Trying to find time for these projects in the build-up to the big move wound up being way more difficult than I had anticipated. At this point, I’m taking every free minute I can get to scan through Amazon and Wayfair, filling out the remaining holes in the furniture needed to set up the new apartment. Today, it looks like I’ve made the breakthrough. I won’t dump all the details here because I’ll have a great video tour to post on Facebook and YouTube of the new place once it’s done, but sufficed to say finding the right desk/speaker/monitor combination was no small feat. Fitting two 27” computer monitors, two 6” stereo monitors, and w/e else I need onto anything smaller than a 60” wide desk looks to be impossible. I’ve got some 2.1-style speakers lined up that might work, but I think at this point I’m just going to figure that out once the move is over.
I had literally no clue what else is going on in the news this week other than the fact that I saw a picture of Trump with a yamaka on his head, staring vacantly at the Western Wall.
Anyway, here are the links:
5/23 – 5/24
- A who’s who of the latest buzz-topics in the web development world.
- A breakdown of how we waste our productive time on our computers and how we can go about fixing that problem.
- An admonition to the development community highlighting the lost context when git commit messages are written lazily.
- The Firebase CEO fires back on Medium over the accusations made by an IoT developer claiming Firebase cheated them using a new billing scheme.
- A tutorial for working with CSV files in Rust.
- The Google I/O Keynote address by Sundar Pichai.
- More details emerge about the background of the Manchester bomber linked to this week’s attack.
- A former SaaS CEO weighs in on the future of SaaS and what might come next.