With a big move coming up my time is pretty much split between work and wrangling together things like kitchen supplies and furniture. Scifiguys has a new video coming out this week, so keep your eyes on YouTube for that to be posted. I also just realized that this post marks one-month since I started putting these together. I like this format as it allows me to share content I’m reading without making some awkward post on Facebook or a lengthy recap video on YouTube. If you enjoy these, make sure to leave a comment on the blog post itself. Feel free to suggest topics you’d be interested in reading more about as well.
In other news, it looks like North Korea will continue its missile testing program. I have a feeling this will eventually lead to some sort of definitive conclusion or compromise. China has increasingly little interest in keeping North Korea around as regional dominance becomes more and more a realistic possibility. Anyway, here are the links:
- A seasoned Scala contributor announces their departure from the community.
- A follow-up retrospective to the aforementioned announcement.
- A visual tour through Turkey’s transformation into an autocracy.
- A succession crisis looms at Disney as interest in the job wanes due to CEO Robert Iger’s influence.
- Japan joins the US in putting more pressure on China to thwart North Korea’s missile program.
- A long-read covering Pixar’s creative decline under pressure from parent-company Disney.
- A breakdown of the growing interest and development of chatbot and personal AI to help with day-to-day life.
- Facebook adds Snapchat-style filters to Instagram, further eroding Snapchat’s technology advantage.